Reducing Conflict Reduces Expenses
Mediation is a process for couples looking for solutions outside of the courtroom.
Our Family Mediator is qualified by the Alternate Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario to provide mediation services to couples. She will meet with both of you together to provide a balanced process to help you make decisions. Whether that process involves helping you work on and finalize a parenting plan or deciding how to divide up your property, the guidance and assistance of a mediator allows you to work together with your spouse in a process that is less expensive than having your lawyers negotiate for you. This process, like collaborative law, also gives you more control over the final outcome, meaning you reach an agreement between yourselves rather than having a judge make a decision for you.
Because our family mediator is also a certified divorce financial analyst, she is able to assist separating couples in negotiating and resolving their support disputes, including complex spousal support or undue hardship negotiations.
We know that during separation there are many issues to identify and possibly fight over. Mediation helps you to resolve these conflicts:
- By including both of you in the process
- By using 1 professional to facilitate and manage issues and resolutions
- By allowing you and your spouse to have productive conversations and make decisions jointly (with or without the support of a lawyer whom you consult)
- By providing a process that is often quicker and less costly than other alternatives
- By keeping you focused on goals for the future – without blame for the past
Mediation does not use a cookie cutter approach – it allows you to personally develop solutions that best meet your family’s unique situations and requirements..